AFRC Highlight: Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
The Edelweiss Lodge and Resort, which is located in the Bavarian Alps and the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area, makes an idyllic get away while visiting Europe. The resort is conveniently located just 34 miles from Innsbruck and 56 miles from Munich in the heart of Europe.
About the resort:
Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is an Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) and is a joint service facility. This means the resort serves individuals in the military, their Families and regular citizens through a quality, affordable, wholesome and friendly environment. Read below for more information about the resort:
What to do on your visit:
- Tours: Guided tours are offered that highlight natural wonders and cultural focal points. These tours give guests the local history and insightful knowledge of beautiful Bavaria. Examples of some of the tours include a beer brewery tour, a tour of Garmish city, a hike through the Riessersee bobsled course, the Parnach Gorge Tour, bike tours and tours of the famous Neuchwanstein Castle located in nearby Schwangau just to name a few.
- Fun in the snow: Skiing and snowboarding opportunities are also plentiful at the Edelweiss Resort. In fact, the resort even offers a comprehensive week-long program to make guests better Snowboarders or skiers. Classes are offered for all skill levels. For those who are adventurous, night sledding is also available. Horse and carriage rides, which are offered as well, make a great addition to a romantic get away.
- Munich Zoo: The Munich Zoo is one of the largest zoos in all of Germany and known worldwide. It houses many types of exotic animals and makes a great family excursion.
- Music festivals: Attending music festivals are also a possibility for guests staying at the Edelweiss Resort.
- Other activities: Golfing at the Alpental Golf Course, paragliding, water sports opportunities such as rafting and ropes courses are perfect for singles, couples or Families.
At the Edelweiss, the Bavarian Military Community Child and Youth Services offers the same services as a home garrison. In fact, when children are already registered at home, crucial information is sent electronically cutting down on paperwork hassles. Services are offered for children ages six (6) weeks to five (5) years. Moreover, the Just for Kids center offers multiple activities for all ages allowing parents to enjoy some alone time knowing their children are being watched after and entertained throughout the day.
Enjoyable features of the resort:
Other amenities offered by the resort include the wellness club, outdoor hot tub, indoor pool, spa services and casual or fine dining options. Moreover, all these features are combined with spacious guest rooms or cozy wood cabins along with amazing Alpine views.
Visit the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort for more information.
Dragon Hill Lodge | Hale Koa Hotel | Shades of Green