Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program (SHARP)
- Permeates the Army structure from the Pentagon down to the individual Soldier level.
- Has full-time staff at the brigade level and higher.
- Promotes cultural change across the Army, with a vision toward a culture of discipline and respect in which Soldiers intervene in sexual harassment and sexual assault to protect one another.
- Includes a comprehensive effort to educate leaders and Soldiers about sexual harassment and sexual assault.
- Employs a concrete training program that teaches Soldiers to be alert to serial offender tactics, to intervene to stop incidents and disrupt offenders, and where and how to seek help.
- Provides commanders with the essential resources, education, and training they need to succeed in bringing an end to sexual harassment and sexual assault in the Army.
- U.S. Army Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
- U.S. DoD Sexual Assault Prevention & Response
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE(4613)
- Center for Sex Offender Management (301) 589-9383
- Men Can Stop Rape (202) 265-6530
- National Center on Domestic & Sexual Violence(military resources) (512) 407-9020
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center (877) 739-3895
- Rape Abuse & Incest National Network (800) 656-4673 ext. 3
- Rape & Sexual Assault: Reporting to Police & Medical Attention, 1992-2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics, US DoJ
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team
- Sexual Assault State Coalitions
*No official U.S. Army or Department of Defense endorsement implied by use of external links