All-Army Coaches Selection Criteria
Priority of selection will be Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve. Sports Specialists will screen all applications and make a recommendation for selection to the Sports Director. Completeness, commander's approval, installation sports director acknowledgement or endorsement (if applicable), and timeliness of application is a must to be considered for selection. Applications will be ranked based upon experience and accomplishments coaching in the sport including factors:
- Coaching certificates from National Governing bodies (i.e. USA Rugby Coach Instructor - High School and Level 1 Coaches)
- Credentials must reflect as a minimum those basic coaching skills (time management, teaching, mentoring, analysis, sport fundamentals, recruitment, team operations, and strategy execution)
- Previous playing experience in the sport
- Unit level, Post level or varisty coaching at installation
- Education (i.e. Master of Arts in Physical Education - Teaching/Coaching)
- A proven commodity from previous year's experience (i.e. Armed Forces, National or CISM Championships)
- Coach at collegiate level
- Coach at high school level
- Current involvement
Report to All Army Sports
- Review submitted applications in online. Soldier-athletes (players) must be Command approved to be considered for selection. National Guard and Reserve Soldiers are eligible for selection.
- In coordination with All Army Sports, select players, assistant coach and trainer to attend trial camp from the application pool. National Guard and Reserve Soldiers must be activated (Title 10) through coordination with All Army Sports to attend trial camp.
- Create team rules/regulations and enforce them.
- Maintain professionalism at all times. Do not mix personal encounters with individual players with matters of team significance. This position is responsible for team morale, performance, and appearance.
- Players shall receive counseling on a regular basis to ensure they are aware of strengths and weaknesses. Make sure Soldier-athletes know what level they need to be on both physically and mentally and give them a chance to improve. Note any attitude or team divisiveness issues.
- Report injuries and incidents.
- Maintain military bearing and courtesies at all times (this includes player behavior).
- At Trial Camp, the coach must coach or observe all practices/training and scrimmage games and the players have your undivided attention.
- Coordinate with All Army Sports and trial camp host for practice/training needs and scrimmage games.
- Release/cut players to return to their duty station and select players for the Armed Forces Championship roster.
- Develop a practice program of 2-3 practices per day for approximately a 21 day period that provides variation and stimulation to maintain player interest
All Army Trainers Selection Criteria
Priority of selection will be Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve. Sports Specialists will screen all applications and make a recommendation for selection to the Army Sports Director. Completeness, commander's approval, installation sports director acknowledgement or endorsement (if applicable), and timeliness of application is a must to be considered for selection. Applications will be ranked based upon experience and certifications
- Certified athletic trainer
Roles and Responsibilities
Report to the Head Coach and All Army Sports
- Apply evaluative skills and techniques for orthopedic and medical problems associated with athletics
- Record, analyze, and maintain medical records
- Participate in the evaluation of incoming and returning Soldier-athletes
- Formulate effective therapeutic treatment plans, implement treatments, and monitor progress while developing technical and practical expertise in the appropriate application
- Supervision of a wide range of rehabilitative exercises/therapy
- Communicate and interact with medical professionals, coaches, and administrative staff
- Coordinate with All Army Sports to maintain inventory of medical supplies
- Prepare injury reports for the Head Coach
- Observe all practices/training and scrimmage games and that the players have your undivided attention.