HIRED! Teen Apprenticeship Program
The “HIRED!” Apprenticeship Program helps to prepare teens (ages 15-18) for a highly competitive job market. Participants learn valuable skills to explore meaningful, professionally managed career opportunities in various Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) operations.
HIRED! Apprenticeship terms are 12 weeks long and offered every quarter. Apprentices may work two terms per year for up to three consecutive years. They must commit to at least 15 hours a week for a total of 180 hours per term. After successfully completing a term, apprentices earn cash awards.
Exploratory Career Fields
HIRED! positions are designed to ensure apprentices receive valuable hands-on work experience and training. Participants are prepared in a number of ways for the demands and opportunities of a competitive job market.
Business Operations • Bowling Center • Community Center • Golf Course
Child, Youth & School (CYS) Services • Camp Site • Parent Central • CDC • SAS • Sports & Fitness • Youth/Teen Center
Community Recreation • Aquatic Center • Equestrian Center • Library • Outdoor Equipment • Sports & Fitness
Summer Only • Financial Management • Tickets & Reservations • Marketing • Warfighter Family Support (ACS) • Survivor Outreach
Requirements and Eligibility
HIRED! Apprenticeship Candidates must submit these required documents in order to participate in HIRED!:
• Application • Copy of Birth Certificate • Copy of Social Security Card • Copy of photo ID • Copy of Current School Report Card • Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
• Local Background Check Form • Parental Permission • Volunteer Service Record • CYSS Parental Permission & Medical Consent Form • Workforce-Readiness Pre-Assessment • Contract & Statement of Understanding
Candidates must successfully complete:
· Three workforce preparation training sessions
· Two post-secondary education exploration trainings
· One financial management workshop
· Must complete the 180 hours per term
Candidates must be eligible for CYS Services and be registered at Parent Central. Candidates must also be U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens of the United States. Youth must be between 15-18 years old, a student with a GPA of 2.0 and a dependent of a service member or DoD civilian employee.