The Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC) is a one-stop location built to equip and aid Wounded, ill and injured Soldiers who are assigned or attached to Warrior Transition Units (WTU). SFAC services help these Soldiers make life-changing decisions as they transition back to duty or on to civilian life. We strive to deliver tailored, compassionate, and coordinated transitional services designed to promote self-reliance, wellness and healing during their medical recuperation and transition. The facilities provide a warm, relaxed environment where Soldiers and their Families can gather to foster physical, spiritual and mental healing.
The SFAC coordinates and refers services like:
- Information and Referral assistance: Provides reception services and general orientation.
- Military Personnel Services: Help coordinate military records and information, as well as identification cards and records management, where available.
- Entitlement and Benefits services: Help with education plans, benefits review, Family member education support, and other career-enhancing information.
- Soldier for Life: A Transition Assistance Program that supports mandatory Transition requirements and services.
- Financial Counseling: Provides credit management, budget development, consumer information and awareness, financial counseling and assistance. It also provides emergency financial assistance in the form of loans or grants, and monetary assistance for undergraduate education for dependent children.
- Substance Abuse information and referral for Family members.
- Coordination of Legal and Pastoral Services.
- Help to find lodging resources for Family members.
- Child Care Referral provides registration services for all Child, Youth, and School Services programs including Sports and Family Child Care (FCC) homes.
- Coordination with Army Reserve, National Guard, and State and Local Agencies.
Wounded, ill, and injured Soldiers and their Families expect and deserve the very best care and leadership from America’s Army.