An official army family and MWR Site

Civilian Employment Assignment Tool

The Army Non-Appropriated (NAF) Civilian Employment Assignment Tool (CEAT) enables many current NAF employees to voluntarily request a non-competitive transfer to another Army installation where the same position may be available. 

What is CEAT?
CEAT is a program that allows many current Army NAF employees to voluntarily request a non-competitive transfer to another Army installation where the same position may be available. Transfer requests are only authorized from one Army installation to another Army installation or a Joint Base if it is serviced by Army NAF Human Resources.

CEAT applies to NAF employees in the following categories:

  • Child and Youth Program Assistants (CYPAs) 
  • NF-03 and below
  • NAF FWS – NA, NL, and NS pay bands

Can I stay employed with Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) when the military moves my Family?
Yes! Eligible employees can now request a transfer to another installation through CEAT. But you can use CEAT for any reason, not just a PCS. 

How does CEAT work?

  1. Inform your supervisor of your intent to relocate and request leave without pay as applicable.
  2. Complete the CEAT transfer request form with your supervisor or Human Resources Office (HRO) (if not relocated).
  3. Complete the CEAT transfer request form with the gaining HRO if relocated to the new duty location. 

Do my background checks follow me to my new location?
Yes. When you accept a position at a new location without a break in service of more than 24 months, your previous background checks will be verified by the gaining servicing NAF Human Resource Office (HRO). If the last background checks are over 24 months old, consult your HRO.

Do I have to resign before moving?
No. CEAT allows you to continue with Family and MWR without a break in service. Even if it takes a little while to get settled, you’re authorized one year leave without pay to look for a job.

Are there any other eligibility requirements?
Signing up for the transfer is voluntary. If you had a performance evaluation of “Satisfactory” or higher and no disciplinary/adverse actions within 12 months of initiating the transfer request, you are eligible to register. Employees with disciplinary/adverse actions that are under appeal are not eligible to request transfer through CEAT until the appeal is resolved. 

Ready to Register for CEAT?
Completion of the following questionnaire will indicate your desire to transfer. If you submit data in error, please contact your servicing personnel office. Thank you for your continued interest in Army CYS!

Next Steps:

Additional Videos and Tutorials:

CEAT Orientation for Employees:
MilSuite - requires CAC authentication
YouTube - for off-network viewing