Survivor Outreach Services
Our Fallen Soldiers have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Their Families deserve our respect, gratitude, and the very best we can provide. If you’re a surviving Family member, Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) offers you access to support, information, and services, closest to where you live, when you need it and for as long as you need it.
The Gold Star and Surviving Family Member Representative is the Army advocate for surviving Family members. The Public Law 113-66, Section 633, requires each secretary of a military department to designate a member to assist spouses and other dependents of service members, including the Reserve Component, who die on active duty. These representatives are available to provide support and address complaints by spouses and other dependents of deceased service members regarding casualty assistance or receipt of benefits authorized by law. Any Survivor can contact the Army GSSFM Representative directly any time for any reason.
Contact your GSSFM representative if you are seeking additional support or information:
(1) Addressing complaints by spouses and other dependents of deceased members regarding casualty/survivor assistance or receipt of benefits authorized by law for such spouses and dependents.
(2) Providing support to such spouses and dependents regarding such casualty assistance or receipt of such benefits.
(3) Making reports to appropriate officers or officials in the Department of Defense or the military department concerned regarding resolution of such complaints, including recommendations regarding the settlement of claims with respect to such benefits, as appropriate.
(4) Performing such other actions as the secretary of the military department concerned considers appropriate.
Contact the GSSFM representative:
Phone: 855.707.2769/210.466.1173 or BB: 210.834.0494
- For more information about Army Survivor Outreach Services, or to locate your nearest SOS Coordinator call toll-free +1(855) 707-2769.
- To learn about the symbols of honor surviving military families wear, visit www.GoldStarPins.org.