All Army Cross Country
The All-Army Cross Country Team consists of thirteen athletes. They are divided into seven men in the 12k race and six women in the 8K race.
Based upon verifiable credentials listed on the athlete application, the seven most competitive men and the six most competitive female runners will be selected to compete for the Army in the Armed Forces Championship.
* Any athlete who won an individual medal at the Armed Forces Championship held the prior year will earn an automatic berth on the All Army Team.
* Selection will primarily use results from cross country races run at the same or similar distances as the Armed Forces Championship events. Secondarily, results from road or track races run at the same or similar distances as the Armed Forces Championship events will be used. Due to the nature of cross country, and the variation from course to course, it is sometimes difficult to compare athletes who compete in different events. Where it is not clear which athlete has the superior results, the athlete that demonstrates greater consistency shall be selected over the athlete with fewer results.
* Male athletes must demonstrate that they have run 10 miles in 54:30 or faster, 5,000 meters in 16:00 or faster, or 10,000 meters in 33:00 or faster or an equivalent time at any distance from 3,000 meters to the marathon within the one year period prior to the date of their application.
* Female athletes must demonstrate that they have run 10 miles in 65:00 or faster, 5,000 in 19:00 or faster, or 10,000 meters in 40:00 or faster or an equivalent time at any distance from 3,000 meters to the marathon within the one year period prior to the date of their application.
* If there are not sufficient applicants to meet this standard, quotas on the team will be left vacant.
* Athletes wishing to compete for cross country should run the Army Ten Miler which weighs heavily in team selection