- The Young Lives, BIG Stories contest gives Army-connected children and youth ages 3 through grade 12 the chance to tell their story about what it means to be a military child through pictures or written, audio, video submissions. This annual contest runs during April, the Month of the Military Child (MOMC). Children and youth have the opportunity to win great prizes.
- In 2011, the University of New Hampshire 4-H started the “Purple Up! For Military Kids” initiative and is now celebrated nation-wide. Wearing the color purple is a visible way to show support and thank military youth for their courage and sacrifices.
- The color purple was chosen and symbolizes all branches of the military, it is a combination of Army green, Marine Corps scarlet, and Coast Guard, Air Force, and Navy blue.
- The goal of “Purple Up! For Military Kids” is for military youth to SEE the support of their schools, after school programs, youth groups, Child Development Centers, Family Child Care Homes and the entire community. This year “Purple Up! For Military Kids” will officially be celebrated on 4 April 22.
- This nationally recognized annual celebration sponsored by National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) focuses on the needs of the young child recognizes the value of early childhood programs.
- BGCA will host the 2022 Virtual Military Teen Summit. The summit will include guest speakers, key influencers, interactive activities and thought-provoking sessions on topics that matter to today’s youth.
- This event is planned to connect youth and their families to colleges, universities, apprenticeships, job training programs, Military Services Academies, and Commission Corps opportunities and more.
- Army CYS Youth will connect teens using virtual or in-person formats, as determined by garrison command approval and HPCON level
- Youth from Army CYS Youth programs worldwide will meet for one 24-hour period to discuss key issues that affect military youth across the services.
1 April - Month of the Military Child Proclamation
1-30 April YLBS Contest
4 April- Purple Up!
2-8 April - Week of the Young Child (WYOC)
21-22 April - 2022 Virtual Military Teen Summit
28 April – CYS Virtual College and Career Fair
29-30 April - Operation Megaphone (OMP)