- Active Duty participants who compete in qualifying and championship events must do so on their personal time.
- The $25 entry fee purchases one attempt of eight drives. Participants may purchase additional attempts until the garrison closes the event.
- Each entrant completes the eight drives back-to-back.
- Participants will use only USGA-approved drivers (maximum 48 inches long) during the event.
- All drives coming to rest within the grid will be recorded on the scoresheet. Drives exiting the grid will be graded at zero yardage.
- The longest drive recorded for the day is the winner of the qualifying round. A three-attempt tie breaker will determine the winner in case of a tie.
- Active Duty participants must take regular leave to attend the championship event at Fort Jackson.
- Mac Dill Air Force Base – March 14
- Miramar Marine Base – March 21
- Nellis Air Force Base – April 4
- Fort Hood – April 4
- Fort Bliss – April 4
- Fort Belvoir – April 11
- Fort Benning – April 13
- Fort Jackson – April 18
- Fort Carson – April 19
- Fort Sill – April 20
- Fort Campbell – April 20
- Fort Bragg – April 24
- Qualifiers will make their own travel arrangements directly following the qualifiers. Golf Channel will reimburse expenses after the Championship.
- Stipend for travel is up to $500, lodging $400, miscellaneous $100. Trip reimbursement will not exceed $1000.
- Lodging reservations will be made for all qualifiers. Qualifier is responsible for any desired changes/cancellations to reservations.
- Fort Jackson: May 17– 19, 2020
Get ready to head to the golf course – for the Long Drive Qualifiers!
Think you hit far? Get ready to prove it.
The 2020 Celebrating Service: Military Long Drive Championship qualifiers, presented by The Exchange and World Long Drive with Life Lock, will include participants at 12 military installations across the U.S.
Winners from each installation advance to Fort Jackson for a chance to win $10,000 and an invitation to the 2020 World Long Drive Championship.
Sign up today at the hosting installation’s webpage!
Eligibilty: The 2020 Military Long Drive Competition is open to all Active Duty, Retired, Reserve, Coast and National Guard members as well as, all Military Service Veterans at least 18 years old with valid ID.
Entry Fee: $25 for eight drives
Qualifier Locations & Dates
Prizes at Each Location
1st Place: $400 Pro Shop gift certificate + entry into the 2020 Military Long Drive Championship
2nd Place: $250 Pro Shop gift certificate
3rd Place: $150 Pro Shop gift certificate