In order for our Soldiers to compete at an Olympic level, They have to train hard and fuel their bodies with the proper nutrition to do so. Follow @USArmyWCAPNutrition on Instagram for more tips, demos, and recipes used by our Soldier-Olympians.
USA Bobsled names WCAP Coaches, CPT Michael Kohn as Head Coach of the USA Bobsled Team and SGT Shauna Rohbock as USA Bobsled Assistant Coach
SoCal Showdown - Chula Vista, CA
1st - SSG Michael Lukow, Para Recurve Open Men's Division with a score of 625
2018 USA Shooting National Championship match - Fort Benning, GA
1st - SGT Nick Mowrer, Men's 10m Air Pistol event with a score of 1162
Jimmi Flowers Classic Swim Meet - Colorado Springs, CO
SSG Elizabeth Marks
1st - Women's 50m LC Freestyle S8 event, time of 0:34.38
1st - Women's 100m LC Backstroke S8 event, time of 1:26.53
1st - Women's 50m LC Butterfly S8 event, time of 0:40.45
WCAP Nutrition Tips
5 Tips for Grocery Shopping
1. Shop the perimeter of the store. Foods on the outer perimeter tend to contain foods that are less processed.
2. Read ingredients list. Try to avoid foods that have sugar listed in the first 3 ingredients.
3. Limit foods that more than 8 ingredients. The less listed, the less processed it is.
4. Choose meats from the deli counter instead of packaged. Packed meats are highly processed.
5. For boxed foods, follow the 3-3-3 rule. At least 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein and less than 3 grams of fat.