World Class Athlete Program sweeps competition in championship weeks
In order for our Soldiers to compete at an Olympic level, They have to train hard and fuel their bodies with the proper nutrition to do so. Follow @USArmyWCAPNutrition on Instagram for more tips, demos, and recipes used by our Soldier-Olympians.
World Class Athlete Program beyond the gym; helping the Army and community
2018 Pan Am Senior Kyorugi Championships - Spokane, WA
3rd - SPC Devon Lewis, Women's 57 kg Division
Pan Am Open Taekwondo Championships in Spokane, WA
2nd - PFC David Kim, Men's 54 kg Division
Paratriathlon World Cup in Magog, Canada
2nd - SFC Allan Armstrong, PTS2 Men's event with a time of 1:13:56
Para-Archery World Ranking Event - Nove Mesto, Czech Republic
SSG Michael Lukow
2nd - Men's Archery Team Event
3rd - Men's Recurve Event
WCAP Nutrition Tips
5 Tips for Grocery Shopping
1. Shop the perimeter of the store. Foods on the outer perimeter tend to contain foods that are less processed.
2. Read ingredients list. Try to avoid foods that have sugar listed in the first 3 ingredients.
3. Limit foods that more than 8 ingredients. The less listed, the less processed it is.
4. Choose meats from the deli counter instead of packaged. Packed meats are highly processed.
5. For boxed foods, follow the 3-3-3 rule. At least 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein and less than 3 grams of fat.