An official army family and MWR Site

Army Lodging Eligibility

Who is eligibility? 

Eligible Patrons include active duty Army, Department of the Army civilian employees, US Army Retirees, and members of the Army National Guard or Army Reserve (18 years or older). Family Members of the above groups, 18 years or older with a military/Government ID card are also eligible. Many MWR facilities and service are also available to all branches of service.

Always check with the staff at your local MWR facility or office to check eligibility.


Availability of Transient UPH. The following personnel may occupy transient UPH:

On a Confirmed Reservation Basis. All TDY DoD personnel; PCS military personnel with or without Family members, or Family members alone, when TLFs or permanent quarters are not immediately available; Reserve and National Guard component personnel on a special tour of active duty or on active duty for training and during periods of scheduled inactive duty training at an installation; DoD-sponsored TDY foreign nationals; Family members of Service members on medical TDY orders; and guests of the Armed Forces as determined by the installation commander.

On a Space-Available Basis. Non-military uniformed personnel of the U.S. Public Health Service and National Oceanic and the Atmospheric Administration, foreign military personnel, and U.S. Coast Guard, when authorized by the installation commander; and retirees, military personnel on leave, and relatives or guests of military personnel assigned to the installation when TLFs are not available.

In the event of a declared emergency, Army regional and garrison commands may temporarily adjust Army Lodging assignment policy to meet the needs of the the specific incident.

View full Authority to Occupy Army Lodging Guidance up-dated 2017