- All creatives must have appropriate permissions and any military uniforms depicted must be those currently used by the Army.
- All illustrations, images, drawings must be copyright free. NO GOOGLE IMAGES. All work must be the original work of the Entrant.
- Army Child & Youth Services provides care to a diverse population. Wherever, possible, entrants should try to use imagery, photography inclusive of different ethnicities, gender, and age groups.
- A working file from the design program they used to create the work: Adobe Illustrator (.ai), Adobe Photoshop (.psd), or an EPS.
- Any additional imagery, photos, vectors, etc. that are used in the design.
- The Winner must allow IMCOM G9 to alter the artwork to fit other sizes needed as a well as branding requirements.
- The Winner will be announced November 20, 2023, via email. If the Winner cannot be reached a certified letter will be sent no later than November 27, 2023. If the Winner has not responded by email, phone or certified letter by November 30, 2023, the prize will be forfeited the 2nd place Winner’s art will be chosen. If the alternate potential Winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize is forfeited, and another alternate potential Winner will be chosen from the 3rd place entry.
- The winning design will become property of IMCOM G9 Marketing and will reserve the right to use and alter the winning design as appropriate for any future projects at the discretion of IMCOM G9 Marketing.
Congratulations to Pearl R.
A Child and Youth Provider at the School Age Center, Fort Belvoir, Va.
She was encouraged to enter by her colleagues. She often draws and creates art for the center.
Pearl’s work will be used to develop all the marketing materials for the 2024 Month of the Military Child!
Thank you to everyone who participated!
2024 Month of the Military Child Poster Design Contest
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST DURING THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR BE SELECTED.
Installation Management Command, G-9, Marketing, on behalf of the Army Morale, Welfare and Recreation Fund (the NAFI), is offering the 2024 Month of the Military Child Poster Design Contest (the “Contest”). The contest is subject to these official rules, and by entering, entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to be bound by them and the decisions of the NAFI, which are final and binding in all respects. This contest begins 12:01:00:00 AM CST on Sunday, October 8, 2023, until 11:59:00 PM CST on Saturday, November 11, 2023 (the “Entry Period”).
Eligibility: All authorized MWR patrons per Army regulation, AR 215-1, chapter 7, are eligible to enter, with the exception of Army MWR employees and other individuals engaged in the development and implementation or direct execution of this promotion, to include Army senior leadership.
How To Enter: Entrants must submit original artwork created by hand (painting, drawing) or digitally, depicting the 2024 Month of the Military Child Theme,
Military Children: Brave, Fearless, and Resilient
1. Submit your best 11 x 17 Month of the Military Child Poster design (as a .pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 November 2023 (entries received after the deadline will not be considered).
2. ONE (1) design per person will be accepted.
Participation in the Contest constitutes permission to allow the NAFI to reproduce, duplicate, publish, exhibit, use or transmit the same or any parts the design, by any means, in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever.
Parents or legal guardians must provide written permission for minors (individuals younger than 18 years of age.)
All entries become property of the Army Morale, Welfare and Recreation Fund (the NAFI).
Prize: The winning poster will be used for all marketing and advertising associated with the 2024 Month of the Military Child (April 2024). The name and location of the creator will be included on all printed and digital media. A short bio and image/video of the creator will be shared on IMCOM G9 Digital Platforms. In addition, the Winner’s name and garrison will be posted on MWR Brand Central for all garrisons to use in 2024 MOMC marketing efforts.
Winner Selection: All entries received by the deadline, 11 November 2023, will be judged by a panel made up of IMCOM Child and Youth Services Staff and Installation G9 Staff. Entries will be judged on:
1. Meeting the technical requirements
2. How well the 2024 MOMC Theme is conveyed.
3. Adherence to Army Values
4. Artistic skill/craftsmanship
One design will be chosen to be the 2024 Month of the Military Child Poster.
The chosen Winner must provide:
PRIVACY STATEMENT: AUTHORITY: Section 552a, Title 5, United States Code; Section 3013, Title 10, United States Code; Executive Order NO. 9397; Army Regulation 215-1. PRINCIPAL PURPOSES: The primary use of the information provided by Entrants is to select and contact potential winners.
In the event IMCOM Family and MWR is prevented from continuing with the contest, or the integrity of the contest is severely undermined by any event beyond the Army’s control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Army’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Army shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the contest without further obligation. If the Army, in its sole discretion, elects to abbreviate the contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, IMCOM, Family and MWR reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible participants received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants agree to hold harmless IMCOM Family and MWR, the Army, and DoD for any liability of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the contest or acceptance/misuse or nonuse of the prizes awarded. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this contest or use or redemption of any prize. IMCOM Family and MWR, the Department of Defense and the Army are not responsible for any defective prizes. By accepting a prize, the winner grants the contest entities the right to use winner’s name for purposes of advertising in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review, or approval, without compensation, unless prohibited by law. IMCOM, Family and MWR is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of prizes.
IMCOM, Family and MWR will not be held responsible for entries which may be lost in transit, undelivered, delayed, or illegible entries. IMCOM, Family and MWR reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently; to modify or suspend the contest; or to terminate the contest. IMCOM, Family and MWR is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the contest.