- Participants may enter (1) submission for the Young Lives, BIG Stories contest.
- Participant entries are as follows:
- Ages 3 - 4 years old
- 5 years old – Grade 1
- Grades 2 – 3
- Grades 4 - 5
- Grades 6 – 8
- Grades 9 – 12
- Only original work will be accepted. Please do not submit any work that is copied from the web, a movie, or clip art.
- One (1) winner from each category will be chosen. One (1) overall winner from all entries will be chosen for the grand prize.
- The use of violence, profanity and/or tobacco/alcohol in drawings or written submissions will automatically disqualify the entry from the contest.
- Submission on behalf of the child may be submitted by parent or custodian of the child. The parent must be Active Duty Army, Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Military Spouse or U.S. Army Retiree.
- Entrants must have primary creative control of their submission.
Young Lives, BIG Stories Contest
The Young Lives, BIG Stories Contest is open to all Army-connected children preschool through twelfth grade. Youth participants will have the option of telling their story on ‘What does it mean to you to be a military child or youth?" for the chance to win great prizes. The goal of the contest is to tell the Army’s story through the eyes of our children and youth. Prizes will be given to one overall winner and the top entries in each category. Contest is open to children or youth of Active Duty Army, Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Military Spouse or U.S. Army Retiree.
Child and Youth Services (CYS) is encouraged to get youth and parents involved in this contest. In addition, CYS staff should work with garrison marketing offices to ensure dissemination of marketing materials and promotion of this contest. Good luck!
Submission must be submitted by April 30, 2021
Written Submissions Only
May be an original essay, poem, song lyric, etc.
All submissions must be related to the question: “What does it mean to you to be a military child or youth?”
Download and fill out the entry form
Read the Contest Rules.
Send your Entry Form and Submission to G9 Child and Youth Services (CYS). If you are unable to send your submission electronically, please see the How to Enter section in the Contest Rules for an alternate method.