- Libraries offer Play Away, audio books, large print media and online resources for visual impairments, Warrior Wellness Kits and text-to-speech programs
- Arts and Crafts and Resiliency Rooms
- Automotive Skills
- Entertainment and Theater
- Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (B.O.S.S.)
- Leisure Travel to help you find accessible hotels, cruises, attractions and tours
- Accessible Recreation Centers and Warrior Zones
- WCAP’s Para-athletes
- Solo riders for golfers
- Pool lifts and flotation devices for swimmers
- Bowling ramps, pushers, bumpers, and audio scorers
- Boats and kayaks with seat backs
- Modified game rules, such as wheelchair basketball
- Recreation Centers and Warrior Zones
Army MWR offers a variety of recreation, sporting and quality of life opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Adaptive and inclusive recreation makes it possible for disabled people to enjoy life fully by modifying activities or equipment.
MWR staff receive adaptive and inclusive recreation training that equips them with the skills and understanding to design programs and, to assist persons with disabilities. Their goal is to assure that everyone can participate in any program or activity, regardless of their challenges.
Examples of adaptive programs:
Adaptive equipment makes it easier to enjoy activities
Most MWR Facilities are wheelchair accessible. Adaptations are often customized to the individual’s needs and situation. Please see your MWR staff to learn about the Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation at your garrison. Find a program at your garrison in the list below.
Please contact the Army MWR Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation Program with suggestions and ideas!