Army Fee Assistance Program
- Army Fee Assistance is the Army’s contribution toward the total cost of child care for Army Families.
- Fee Assistance buys down the higher cost of off-post care allowing eligible Families to pay fees comparable to those charged at the Installation or Army Supported Joint Base for full day services. Fee assistance compensates for the difference between a Community Based Provider’s rate and an Installation’s rate for similar services. Calculations for fee assistance are based on provider rate caps.
- The parent rate (parent’s portion) and the amount of fee assistance combined usually equal the provider’s rate.
- This program is not an entitlement program and is subject to the availability of funds, which may be discontinued at any time.
- Families of Active and Reserve Component Soldiers (Guard and Reserve Soldiers must be activated to be eligible)
- Department of the Army Civilians - note policy update below
- Survivors of Fallen Soldiers
- Wounded Warriors currently assigned to a Warriors in Transition Unit or Battalion (WTU/WTB) or Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Spouses must be working a minimum of 16 hours or enrolled in school
Effective 1 March 2019, Department of the Army (DA) Civilians may no longer enroll in Army Fee Assistance (AFA).
Army Directive 2018-27 establishes policy that implements changes to the Army Fee Assistance Program.
Execution Order 071-19 provides implementation guidance for Army Directive 2018-27.
This policy applies to all DA Civilians, with the exception of Child and Youth Services staff, Army National Guard and U.S. Amy Reserve Military Technicians, and the Expeditionary Civilian Workforce in Total Family Income categories 1-6 while deployed.
New Applications must be received by Child Care Aware of America BEFORE 1 March 2019. Incomplete applications will be deactivated three months after receipt if the enrollment process is not completed. Children must be born BEFORE 1 March 2019 in order to submit an application.
Children of DA Civilians who are enrolled in AFA as of 28 February 2019 will be grandfathered into the AFA program until they age out, no longer need childcare, or relocate out of the commuting area to a new duty location.
For questions please see the Frequently Asked Questions page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the documents below for more details.
Parent Notification Letter
Follow the Army and Child Care Aware of America (CCAoA) on social media: