Healthy Army Communities seeks to provide innovative health and wellness programs and services that facilitate readiness and resilience while promoting lifelong healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
Key efforts include:
- Implementation of tobacco free zones around areas with activities that are sensitive to smoking and role model exposure
- Education and awareness of tobacco cessation support
- Development of walking and biking trail maps
- Implementations of running clubs, fitness challenges and programs
- On-site - How to cook healthier at home or in the Barracks - classes and demonstrations